Our eco, fair trade dinner candles, hand poured in Indonesia in British Colour.
Colourful candles with a twist.
Hand-poured by artisans our colourful candles are a stylish addition to any home, perfect for entertaining or giving as a gift.
The first recorded use of beige as a colour name in English was in 1887. A tincture of rose or pink as used in heraldry. Standardised in 1934.
A colour name popular in the textile and allied trades since 1550. The word Saxe is not English but is adopted from the French, where it means Saxony or Saxon. Saxony Blue was a universally-used synonym for Smalt as early as 1550. Likewise Bleu de Saxe has long been a synonym for Prussian Blue, but since 1753 Saxon Blue has been most familiar as a widely-used name for indigo extract.
Jet is the hard black lignite, which takes a brilliant polish, and by association the name has been used to describe the most intense black.
Matched to flowers of that name growing in Surrey, England.
- 24.5cm tall.
- 8 hour burn time, with a tall clean flame.
- Packaged in a crisp, kraft card box, easily recyclable.
- Fair Trade made, hand poured in Indonesia.
- No animal derived ingredients.
- 100% Stearin wax (veg origin).
- Pure cotton wick (lead/metal free).
- Ecological colour dyes, paraffin free.