Striped Beryl, Bokhara & Moonstone Eco Dinner Candles
The colour of the precious stone Beryl, from the Greek Berullos. The Green Beryl is coloured by the presence of iron, the gem can vary from translucent to transparent, which results in increasing the shine and brilliance of the gem.
Named from the colour often found in oriental rugs from the Bokhara district of Turkestan. Traditionally made by the Turkmen tribes the rugs were made almost entirely from locally obtained materials,. Using wool from the herds and vegetable dyes, or other natural dyes from the land to create the Bokhara green colour.
A descriptive name from one of the groups of minerals known as felspars found chiefly in Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon). One of the delicate blues found chiefly in Chinese pottery and silks.
- Pack of 4.
- 24.5cm Tall.
- 8 hour burn time, with a tall clean flame.
- Packaged in a crisp, kraft card box, easily recyclable.
- Fair Trade made, hand poured in Indonesia.
- No animal derived ingredients.
- 100% Stearin wax (veg origin).
- Pure cotton wick (lead/metal free).
- Ecological colour dyes, paraffin free.